Cypress and its essential oil have been used since ancient times mainly in treating all types of common diseases ranging from cold, cough, skin diseases and hair loss problems to inflammation in the internal and external parts of the body.
Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens) comes from a Greek word “sempervivens” meaning “live forever”. The essential oil is obtained from the cypress branches by distillation with steam. The oil has a refreshing, spicy, juniper and pine needle-like aroma and is often used as a modifier in pine fragrances.
Effects & Actions of Cypress Oil
Effects of cypress essential oil on internal organs and systems
Usage of cypress in cosmetology
- Suitable for mature and aging skin.
- Perfectly reduces oiliness.
- Prevention and treatment of rosacea (dilated blood vessels).
- Reduces sweating, removes unpleasant body odor.
- It normalizes the sebaceous glands of the scalp.
- Strengthens hair, promotes their growth.
- Has anti-cellulite effect.
Effects cypress oil in psycho-emotional sphere
It has a calming effect on the excitable people.
Pacify angry, clarifies the mind, it helps to distract from the obsessive thoughts.
Domestic use: excellent deodorant and anti-parasitic agent to care for cats and dogs, beats the smell of skunk. Repellency.
Effects of cypress essential oil in bio-energy field
Closes vulnerable chakras from illness of others, prevents vampire energy drain. It distributes energy density smoothly and harmoniously. It accompanies longevity.
Indications in Usage of Cypress Oil:
Basically used in baths, balms, ointments with cypress essential oil used for hemorrhoids.
- Massage with cypress essential oil in case of varicose veins has positive results. Doing massage you need to flick the top from the bottom up.
- Due to its properties, antispasmodic aromatic cypress oil shown in the treatment of bronchial asthma. In order to prevent an asthma attack begins dripping on a handkerchief 1-2 drops of cypress oil and, if necessary, to inhale it. Just for this purpose it is convenient to use aroma lamp.
- Essential oil of cypress helps to get rid of sweating and unpleasant foot odor. To eliminate this defect it is needed to take a daily foot baths in 2 weeks.
- It eliminates bleeding gums. In case of catarrh of the upper respiratory tract it softens the mucous membranes, eliminates hoarseness, facilitates the removal of inflammatory secretions, has anti-inflammatory and antitussive activity: nested in the ear pad with a few drops of cypress quickly stops spasmodic cough.
- Labile blood pressure normalizes. Quickly eliminates spasms of the digestive system.
- Hemostatic effect of bleeding of various origin.
- It strengthens the walls of blood vessels, prevents the development of atherosclerosis. For women: eliminate hormonal disorders in menopause.
- It calms the nervous tension, strengthens the immune system.
Contraindications in usage of cypress essential oil
- Cypress oil can not be used during pregnancy.
- Not recommended in case of tumors, mastitis, psoriasis.
- With increased blood clotting does not apply 21 days longer.
- Check the flavor for individual tolerance.