Who doesn’t love oranges? The essential oil smells just like the fruit! And it’s loaded with limonene which has wonderful health benefits and helps to stay in a good shape. So let’s get into orange essential oil and discover its amazing properties.
Since ancient times, the oranges were associated with innocence, generosity and fertility. Chinese healers used dried orange peels treat anorexia nervous origin, common cold, cough and malignant tumors of the breast. From the flowers of orange tree orange distilled water that was recommended as a diaphoretic and styptic. The Romans used the orange water to treat hangover and indigestion. Orange oil is now one of the most popular essential oils, it is included in the British Pharmaceutical Code and is widely used in cooking, cosmetics and medicine.
Orange essential oil belongs to the family of citrus fruits (Citrus aurantium var. Dulcis). Orange essential oil is produced mainly in the United States, Brazil, Morocco and the Mediterranean countries. Aromatic oils of orange is obtained by cold pressing. The raw material for the production of oil is the fruit peel. Oil is obtained from both bitter orange and sweet part. Pure orange oil has a pleasant citrus scent and yellow color.
Effects & Actions of Orange Oil
Effects of orange essential oil on internal organs and systems
Usage of Orange Essential Oil in Cosmetology
Because of its ability to regulate carbohydrate and fat metabolism, orange oil has a powerful effect to fight with cellulite. The same orange oil stimulates the regeneration of tissues and improves the skin complexion enhancing skin elasticity. Recommended for dry, aging skin and tired skin.
The impact on the psycho-emotional sphere
- Orange essential oil is an excellent antidepressant.
- It helps to cope with anxiety and sadness and overcome fears.
- Orange aromatic oils improves mood and ability to work.
- Possesses antioxidant activity (which is proved by Research in 2010)
Domestic use: deodorant for premises.
Impact of orange essential oil on human bio-energy field
The orange oil is useful for timid people to raise their own self-esteem and gain confidence in themselves. It opens the heart and soul of goodness and joy. It helps to restore the aura after serious illnesses.
Usage of orange oil in cooking. Orange essential oil is used for flavoring wine (in the preparation of mulled wine), vodka, liqueurs. In the confectionery industry in the manufacture of sweets and confectionery.
Benefits of Orange Oil for Health
- The digestive system: mild choleretic, eliminates toxins, helps with flatulence. Orange essential oil is natural remedy for obesity, since it is able to regulate fat metabolism. For internal use it stimulates the appetite and eliminates heartburn.
- Mouth: eliminates bleeding gums, helps to combat periodontal disease.
- Cardiovascular system: strengthens the heart muscle, reduces blood clotting, useful for heart palpitations and improves poor circulation.
- It improves visual acuity and helps relieve fatigue from eyes.
- It is used to enhance immunity for colds, bronchitis, flu.
Contraindications in usage of orange essential oil
Do not apply directly on the skin before going out in the sun – there is high risk to get burns. The individual intolerance to the components included in the orange essential oil.