No wonder, grapefruit essential oil is widely used in cosmetics. In addition, it has been studied extensively for its anti-depressive benefits and shown potential of reducing stress levels.
Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi) is a small tree with height of 2-5m, belongs to the family Rutaceae. Cultivated in Southern Europe, the Mediterranean, America, Asia and the Philippines. Grapefruit essential oil is extracted from the rind of the fruit by pressing.
Effects & Actions of Grapefruit Oil
The main effect on the internal organs and systems
Usage of Grapefruit Essential Oil in Cosmetology
- Because of its property to normalize the metabolism of fat grapefruit oil is usually used to combat obesity.
- It helps fight cellulite.
- Perfect treatment for oily hair as it normalizes the function of sebaceos glands.
- Popular in skin care, especially for oily skin, as it prevents the formation of comedones (blackheads), bleaches and tightens pores.
Effects of grapefruit oil on the psycho-emotional sphere
The essential oil of grapefruit invigorates, improves mood, helps to cope with stress, eases manic-depression, and has a calming effect on the central nervous system. Perhaps the most important and most significant properties of essential oil of grapefruit – an excellent antidepressant. Grapefruit is struggling with a sad mood and causeless melancholy, will help get rid of depression begins. If you are depressed and feel useless, sparkling grapefruit oil can help you get in touch with yourself and with the world, get rid of anger and sadness, cause mild euphoria.
Grapefruit essential oil is stimulating and at the same time it is a light hypnotic.
Domestic use: aromatization of the premises.
Impact of grapefruit oil on human bio-energy field
- It helps overcome anger and grief.
- It causes euphoria.
- Balances mood, helps the creative perception of information.
- It promotes the development of a philosophical outlook on life.
- It gives confidence and facilitates contacts with people.
Use in cooking: aromatization confectionery, tea.
Keep in mind that grapefruit does interact with many drugs, so if you are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications, do not consume grapefruit without talking to your doctor first and getting the OK.
Indications in usage of grapefruit essential oil
- Digestive system: improves liver and gall bladder, removes inflammatory processes. Detoxifies and tones the gastrointestinal tract.
- It has a diuretic effect and normalizes the functioning of kidneys.
- Helps to get rid of migraines, it relieves painful conditions in the month syndrome and reduces the discomfort of pregnancy.
- Grapefruit essential oil is helpful for arthritis, gout, rheumatism.
- It helps cleanse the blood and lymph.
Dosage of grapefruit essential oil
- Aromatherapy: 1-2 drops
- Bath: 2-4 drops in water in admixture with an emulsifier (honey, foam, bath salts), duration of no more than 20 minutes.
- Anti-Cellulite bath: 4-6 drops in water previously mixed with milk, yogurt or yogurt, water temperature not higher than 38 degrees, the duration is 15-20 minutes.
- Massage: 3-4 drops on 15ml of base oil.
- Anti-cellulite massage: 10 drops plus 6-9 drops other essential oils 30 ml of base oil.
- Compress: 5 drops to 10-15 ml of warm base oil, this wet towel or cloth, cover with plastic wrap, put on top of a warm heating pad.
- Cold inhalation: 2 drops on the cotton wool, cloth or fabric, no more than 15 minutes.
- Hot inhalation: 1-2 drops in hot water, the duration of no more than 5-7 minutes.
- Healing cream or tonic: 3-6 drops on 15ml base.
- Enrichment of shampoo, masks, air conditioner, shower gel: 15ml with 3-6 drops on base.
Blends well with: lavender and all citrus types.