Unfortunately, for many of us, it is becoming tough to go for a professional skin care often due to busy schedules and tight budgets. However, this is not too tough to maintain that gorgeous looks and complexion, you can get it done at your home with the available fruits.
Just discover organic fruit face masks here and give these a try!
- Red Apple Face Mask
- Green Apple & Yogurt Face Mask
- Banana & Honey Face Mask
- Grape & Honey Face Mask
- Lemon & Yogurt Face Mask
- Watermelon & Honey Face Mask
- Orange & Honey Face Mask
- Pineapple & Milk Face Mask
- Papaya & Honey Face Mask
- Pear & Sour Cream Face Mask
- Strawberry & Rice Flour Face Mask
- Tomato & Honey Face Mask
Benefits of Basic Ingredients in Face Masks
- Milk can help improve symptoms of some skin problems. Because of the moisturizing fats in milk, it may help to calm redness from a sunburn or to reduce some of the dryness and itching caused by skin conditions such as xerosis or eczema. The protein content, vitamin and minerals contribute to the anti-ageing properties of milk. Milk acts as excellent exfoliator because of it contains enzymes like lipase, proteases and lacto-peroxidase that help in shedding dead skin cells.
- Honey has antibacterial properties, which helps in fighting acne and pimples. Honey reduces infection and is very effective home remedy to treat acne. Honey is a very effective moisturizer for skin. It retains moisture making your skin radiant, soft and supple. Honey properties protect your skin under the sun and assist the skin to rejuvenate and stay young.
- Yogurt is rife with lactic acid, and your skin benefits from having it applied directly, working on fine lines and wrinkles, helping to give you a more youthful appearance. The lactic acid in yogurt soothes, softens and tightens the skin and refines the pores. Its high nutrient content and natural antibacterial and antifungal properties also get rid of germs and other bacteria.
Red Apple Face Mask
You will need: 1 red apple, 2 tablespoons of honey.
Make a paste of apples cut into pieces in a food processor and add honey to this mixture and then keep in a refrigerator for some time and apply on your face leaving it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash with cold water.
The secret of the effectiveness of apple mask for face – their chemical composition. A large number of nutrients in a complex effect on the subcutaneous cellular processes, thereby improving the skin condition.
Apple Benefits for Skin:
- Vitamin A has anti-inflammatory and soothing effect, fighting against dryness and peeling of the skin, is able to reduce the production of excess fat.
- Vitamin B9 – natural skin protector against all negative influences from the outside.
- Due to the high content of antioxidants, vitamin C, apple mask for the face has a rejuvenating effect.
- Vitamin K and whiten skin copes with the puffiness of fabrics.
- Iron improves blood circulation and supplies the cells with oxygen, thereby improving the complexion.
- Potassium – active humidifier.
- Fruit acids smooth wrinkles and make skin more elastic.
There is also variety of apple face masks that can help you make your skin taut and fresh looking!
Green Apple & Yogurt Face Mask
You will need: green apple, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
Make a paste of green apples cut into pieces in a food processor and add honey and yogurt to this mixture and apply this mixture on your clean face. Leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes or till it dries up and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Yogurt Benefits for Skin:
- Water – one of the main components of the product, which is why yogurt mask – is primarily a wonderful natural moisturizer.
- Choline regulates fat balance, anti-aging cells and can soothe irritated skin.
- Niacin causes the dormant cells awaken from sleep and protects them from the harmful external effects.
- Vitamin A – can fight with skin dryness, possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin C penetrating into blood vessels, strengthens them, and in the cells leads restoration works by increasing the production of elastin and collagen.
- B vitamins clean pores out of dirt, smooth wrinkles, improve skin complexion.
- Potassium moisturizes and nourishes the mature skin.
- Calcium makes skin soft and silky.
Banana & Honey Face Mask
You will need: 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 teaspoons of yogurt.
Mash banana with yogurt and honey and then keep in a refrigerator for few minutes and apply on your face leaving it on for 20 to 30 minutes or until it dries up and then wash with cold water.
Banana Benefits for Skin:
- Banana is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to your skin.
- Vitamin C, as an active component of a banana, slows the aging process of the skin, smoothes fine lines and considered to be a natural antioxidant.
- B vitamins are needed for skin cells to maintain their youth.
- Vitamin E prevents skin aging.
- Masks of the banana perfectly nourish and moisturize our skin.
Banana mask with regular use of them to improve the skin complexion, remove fine lines. Banana mask eliminate redness and age spots.
Banana mask suitable for all skin types. In addition, it is widely used in hair care so you can discover different banana hair masks as well. However, in the case of allergy to banana or are hypersensitive to this exotic fruit it is recommended not to apply such face mask. You can always check whether you have an allergy to components of the mask. It is necessary to make a mask and apply a small amount of the mask on the elbow bend. Unless there was redness or irritation, you can use a mask for the face.
Grape & Honey Face Mask
You will need: green grapes, 2 teaspoons of honey.
Make a paste of grapes with honey and apply on your face and neck leaving this sit on your face for 15 to 30 minutes and then wash with cold water.
Grape Benefits for Skin:
- Organic acids help cell regeneration.
- Vitamin A provides a rejuvenating and healing effect.
- Vitamin C gives the skin elasticity and protection from various injuries.
- Folic acid protects the skin from the negative effects of environmental factors (high humidity or dry air).
- Biotin stabilizes metabolism.
- Potassium provides the skin hydration.
- Polyphenols and essential oils provide tonic effect.
Lemon & Yogurt Face Mask
You will need: 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of yogurt, 3 tablespoons of any flour.
Mix above 3 ingredients thoroughly to make a paste and apply this mixture on to your face entirely avoiding eye area and let this sit on your face for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel.
Lemon Benefits for Skin:
- Due to its natural disinfecting properties lemon juice can successfully fight acne and skin scars. No wonder that lemon juice can be included in the list of resources for the care of the problem skin.Fruit acid contained in the lemon juice, have a powerful immunostimulant and antibacterial action, destroy harmful, acne-causing germs and bacteria.
- The main active ingredient in lemon juice is L-absorbic acid. It exfoliates dead skin cells and stimulate new cell growth. Peeling process with L-absorbic acid works as a natural astringent that removes excess oil, it dries out the surface of the skin and minimize the appearance of possible pimples. Besides lemon juice cleanses the pores, reduce skin redness, making the skin surface smoother and less scarring noticeable.
- Lemon juice – a natural bleaching product. It can lighten acne spots promoting flawless skin.
- Lemon juice is a great peel for the face, it exfoliates and removes dead skin cells, making the face younger and your skin softer and more elastic.
Watermelon & Honey Face Mask
You will need: watermelon (pulp deseeded), 2 teaspoons of honey.
Make a paste with watermelon pulp and honey and apply this pulp on your face and neck area and let this stay on your face for 15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. There are also other types of watermelon face masks that you can discover for yourself.
Watermelon Benefits for Skin:
- First, water is the main component of berries, and its 90% there, quickening moisture with the help of watermelon for fading from the summer dry skin.
- Folic acid protects skin cells from the destructive damage.
- Potassium to normalize the level of moisture from the skin to properly distribute the moisture for dry skin, and not saturated wet, hold moisture for oily skin.
- Vitamin A, which is great heals and heals wounds and inflammation of the skin.
- Ascorbic acid acts as an antioxidant in watermelon, smooths existing wrinkles, makes facial contours clear.
Orange & Honey Face Mask
You will need: dried orange peel powder, 1 teaspoon of honey, water.
Dry the orange peels in sun and make a powder of it. Mix this orange peel powder with honey and water to make a paste and then apply this on to your face and neck carefully leaving the eye area and gently rub over the face and neck and then wash this off after 10 minutes with cold water. You can take steam if you want to close the open pores.
Orange Benefits for Skin:
- Orange nourishes, refreshes and tones the skin.
- Vitamin C, which abound in orange, is a natural antioxidant that slows the aging process of skin cells.
- Vitamins B9, H, A, gives our skin a charge of vivacity and freshness.
- The organic acids contained in oranges provide a natural and deep skin peeling.
- Masks with orange contribute to the rejuvenation of the skin.
- Orange juice is an excellent tool for cleaning, bleaching and toning skin. Vitamin C, improves blood circulation in the skin cells.
- Orange eliminate signs of fatigue on the face. And also a great tool to prolong youthful skin. Masks of orange, including from orange peels, help reduce wrinkles on the face.
Pineapple & Milk Face Mask
You will need: pineapple juice, 2 teaspoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of wheat flour, cold milk.
Mix the pineapple juice and wheat flour with honey and cold thoroughly and apply this mask on your face evenly and leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Pineapple should be used only in fresh form, as the frozen fruit is practically devoid of all useful and nutritional properties. Pineapple is not only rich in vitamins and minerals that help keep youth and beauty of your skin, but also contain various acids that make your skin soft and velvet, so before applying you should definitely go through a little allergy test for your skin. Because otherwise you can even burn it as pineapple contains strong fruit acids.
Pineapple Benefits for Skin. The composition of pineapple includes a variety of vitamins and natural enzymes, which favorably affect the condition of the skin, promotes its cleansing and restoration, protect against free radicals, thereby preventing skin aging. Also pineapple mask may have a natural bleaching effect and is a good way to combat acne and inflammation of the skin. Well, thanks to the content in pineapple an enzyme like bromelain, which determines the efficiency of the use of pineapple mask it helps to effectively cleanse the skin from dead cells, which are simply dissolved under the influence of the enzyme, allowing the skin to breathe and become fresh and radiant just like after peeling procedure at beauty saloon.
Papaya & Honey Face Mask
You will need: ½ slice of papaya, 2 teaspoons of honey.
Make a paste with papaya and mix honey to this and apply on your face and neck leaving the eye area and let this mask sit on your face for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with cool water.
Papaya Benefits for Skin:
- It moisturizes and tones the skin.
- It cleans and stimulates the regeneration of the skin.
- Smooths wrinkles and makes the skin more elastic.
- It whitens the skin and fights pigmentation.
- Regulates the sebaceous glands.
- It has anti-cellulite action.
Pear & Sour Cream Face Mask
You will need: 1 ripe pear, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
Mash the pears with a fork and then mix with cream and honey thoroughly and apply this mixture evenly on your face and neck and let this sit on your face for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water followed by a cold water to close the open pores.
Pear Benefits for Skin:
- Ascorbic acid and organic acid help rejuvenate and purify the deeper layers of the skin from pollution.
- Starch can reduce large pores.
- Tannins refresh and tone, soothe.
- Flavonoids care about the beauty of the skin, improving its color.
- Carotene hydrates skin.
- Niacin regenerates damaged cells, improves the complexion.
- Riboflavin fights inflammation.
- Retinol eliminates the excessive dryness and flaking.
- Vitamin K is struggling with pigmentation.
- Tocopherol renew cells, slowing the aging process.
- Micronutrients improve the metabolic processes in cells.
Strawberry & Rice Flour Face Mask
You will need: strawberries, 1 tablespoon of rice flour, 1 tablespoon of cold milk.
Make a fine paste with strawberries, rice flour, and cold milk and apply this paste on your face and neck and leave this on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water followed by cold water.
There is a special article devoted to strawberry face masks that will provide you with all necessary and interesting information.
Tomato & Honey Face Mask
You will need: 1 tomato, 1 teaspoon of honey.
This mask acts as a natural bleach and gives instant brightness. Make a paste with tomato and honey and apply it carefully on your face and neck leaving the eye area around and let this mask stay on your face for about 15 minutes and then wash off with cool water. By the way, this is not the only one variant of face mask with tomato. Different components combined with tomato can be very beneficial to skin beauty.