Watermelon facial masks as skin care secrets can be used for any skin type for the prevention and treatment of certain problems – acne, age spots, premature skin aging and others. The nutrients included in watermelon can make the skin look fresh and young.
Watermelon is terrific when made into a face mask. With its high water content and rich source of vitamins A, B and C, it will not only hydrate your skin, but also repair and protect your skin as well.
Why Watermelon is so Beneficial for Skin?
Watermelon is one of the most popular summer fruits which has its own set of amazing benefits for skin.
- Carotene content in watermelon helps to prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lycopene – helps in the healing the Sun burns and wrinkles on the skin due to the ultra violet rays from the sun.
- Abundant amount of water which help in hydrating and moisturizing the skin. Watermelon is also a good remedy for skin dryness.
- Vitamin A – helps in reducing the hair follicles and pores on the skin, which leads to less secretion of oil on the skin.
- Magnesium present in the watermelon also helps in combating skin allergies (for example, eczema).
- Excellent source of antioxidants. Thus, it aids to fight the free radicals which are considered responsible for the occurrence of age-spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
Watermelon & Yogurt Face Mask
You will need: 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt, 2 teaspoons of watermelon juice.
In a clean bowl, use a fork to mash all the ingredients together into a paste. You can use a blender but be sure not to overmix and have the mask become too runny. Apply the resulting mixture on clean face for 15-20 minutes, after all rinse with cool water.
Watermelon & Avocado Face Mask
You will need: 2 tablespoons of mashed avocado, 2 teaspoons of watermelon juice.
Mix avocado with watermelon juice until smooth paste. Apply t he mask on clean face avoiding eye area. Also you can apply it on neck as well. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and wash off with cool water.
Watermelon & Banana Face Mask
You will need: 1 tablespoon of watermelon juice, 2 teaspoons of white wine, 2 teaspoons honey, 1 tablespoon of mashed banana.
Combine all ingredients and mix them in the blender. Apply this mask on face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse your face with cool water. Pat skin dry.
Hydrating Watermelon Face Mask
You will need: 2 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice, 1 teaspoon of milk powder, 1 teaspoon of yogurt.
Mix all the ingredients together to make a fine paste. Apply it evenly on your face. Let the pack dry and sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash off and pat dry to a younger looking beautiful skin.
Watermelon & Honey Face Mask
You will need: 1 teaspoon of watermelon juice, 1 teaspoon of organic honey and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera juice.
Mix all ingredients well. Apply to your face and let sit for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water.