DIY home remedies can be very effective to stop diarrhea. But before starting the treatment of diarrhea with natural remedies, you need to determine the cause. Sometimes it can be a symptom of serious disease, so in worst situations it is better to consult a doctor. The sooner the reason for diarrhea is identified, the sooner you can solve the problem.
Diarrhea is a frequent watery bowel movements which are accompanied by painful cramps, nausea and vomiting. Main cause for diarrhea, to occur is that when the food and fluids you ate will pass too quickly or too large in amount or both for some times through your colon.
Colon is a substance which absorbs the liquid from the food what you eat by leaving a semisolid stool. But if the liquids from your food which you eat are not absorbed then it results in the watery bowel movement and at last it causes diarrhea.
- Chamomile Tea to Prevent Diarrhea
- Orange Benefits for Diarrhea
- Ginger Drink to Reduce Diarrhea Symptoms
- Carrot Juice to Avoid Diarrhea
- Fenugreek Seeds Diarrhea Prevention
- Lemon & Ginger to Reduce Diarrhea Symptoms
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Diarrhea Treatment
- Berries to Avoid Diarrhea
- How to Prevent Diarrhea Naturally with Black Seed Oil
- Brown Rice & Banana to Reduce Diarrhea Symptoms
- Honey & Ginger Mixture for Diarrhea Treatment
- Yogurt to Stop Diarrhea
- Garlic Benefits for Diarrhea
- Tips to Prevent Diarrhea Symptoms
Diarrhea is what everyone experience at least once in their lifetime, so to avoid this problem follow these natural homemade remedies to prevent diarrhea and its symptoms.
Chamomile Tea to Prevent Diarrhea
Chamomile is an excellent remedy in treating diarrhea as it helps to cure intestinal inflammation and it also has antispasmodic property to heal the problem.
You will need: chamomile tea bag or chamomile flower powder, 1 teaspoon of peppermint leaves, 1cup of water.
Take a saucepan and pour water in it. Then add either dried chamomile or tea bag and also pepper mint oil into it. Stir it well and steep it for about 15 minutes. Strain it and drink this to get relief from the diarrhea and its symptoms. Drinking 3 cups a day will give instant relief.
Orange Benefits for Diarrhea
It is an old remedy which helps in better digestion and also cures diarrhea.
You will need: 1 orange, a cup of boiling water.
Take an orange and peel it. Then chop that peel. Pour this chopped orange peel in a pot. Cover it with 1 pint of boiling water. Allow the water to get cool. Strain the tea and add sugar or honey to sweeten it. Organic orange is preferred as it is free from pesticides and dyes. Drink this tea as often once in a day to get rid of the diarrhea.
Ginger Drink to Reduce Diarrhea Symptoms
Ginger is perfect for better digestion and also can help to prevent such unpleasant symptoms as the cramps and abdominal pain which is caused by diarrhea.
You will need: ginger, 1 teaspoon of honey.
Take a small piece of ginger and grate it. Add honey to it and mix it well. Eat this mixture which helps to improve your digestive process. Be aware that not to drink water immediately after eating this mixture. Taking this regularly helps to protect you from any health diseases.
Carrot Juice to Avoid Diarrhea
Carrots contain good source of pectin which helps to alleviate diarrhea. It can help to supply your body with many vitamins and minerals which were lost due to diarrhea.
You will need: 1 glass of carrot juice, few drops of lemon juice, sugar or honey (if you wish).
Take few fresh carrots and make the juice with the help of blender. Add few drops of lemon juice and sugar or honey. Mix it well and taste this carrot juice. Drinking carrot juice regularly will help to make you healthy.
Fenugreek Seeds Diarrhea Prevention
Fenugreek seeds are one of the most useful remedies for many health problems. They also helps to cure ingestion problems and diarrhea. It is a strong anti-diarrheal agent.
You will need: 1/2 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds, 1 glass of water.
Take fenugreek seeds and mix it well with water. Or you can mix fenugreek seeds with yogurt and eat it. Drink this solution to fend off the diarrhea problem. Regular taking of this fenugreek seeds will be best results to cure the health problems including diarrhea.
Lemon & Ginger to Reduce Diarrhea Symptoms
Lemon helps to kill the bacteria that are responsible for the diarrhea. Ginger helps to cure the intestinal problems.
You will need: 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger paste, pinch of black pepper powder.
Take lemon juice and add ginger paste and a pinch of black pepper powder into it. Mix it well to make it like a fine paste. Consume this paste twice a day will helps to get rid of the problem.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Diarrhea Treatment
Apple cider vinegar has antibiotic properties which help to cure diarrhea. It also contains pectin which will soothe the intestinal spasms or irritated stomach.
You will need: 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 1 glass of water.
Take a glass of water and add apple cider vinegar in it. Mix it well to make it clear solution. Drink this solution with each meal whenever you take, until you get rid of the diarrhea and its symptoms.
Berries to Avoid Diarrhea
Blueberries are well-known for their antioxidant and antibacterial properties which help to cure diarrhea and its symptoms. Blackberries are good source of tannins which helps to treat diarrhea.
You will need: 1/3 ounce of dried blue berries, 1 cup of water, 5 tablespoons of sugar, 1 small cinnamon stick, 2 slices of lemon, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, pinch of salt.
Take all the ingredients except lemon slices and heat them in a saucepan over high heat. Stir it well until the sugar dissolves completely. The reduce the heat to medium – low to simmer. Allow the berries to become more tender for about 15 minutes. Then discard lemon slices and cinnamon sticks. Using blender make a soup with the puree. Transfer the soup to a bowl and refrigerate until it is very cold. Drink this soup twice a day to get relief from the diarrhea.
How to Prevent Diarrhea Naturally with Black Seed Oil
Black cumin seeds are used to treat various health problems including diarrhea. It contains antioxidant properties and is full of vitamins and minerals which are helpful to cure diarrhea and also to boost up your immune system.
You will need: 1 teaspoon of black seed oil, 1 cup of plain or flavored yogurt.
Take a cup of yogurt and add black seed oil into it. Mix it well as the oil has to dissolve completely in yogurt. Consume this twice a day to get rid of the diarrhea and its symptoms. Continue eating it twice a day until and unless diarrhea has gone away.
Brown Rice & Banana to Reduce Diarrhea Symptoms
Brown rice contains B vitamins which help to control and cure various symptoms of diarrhea. Bananas contain pectin which will soak up excess water and gives quick relief from the diarrhea.
You will need: 1/2 cup of brown rice, 3 cups of water, 3 cups of water, 1 banana.
Prepare rice by adding brown rice and water in a cooker. Let it like that until it becomes soft. Then add a banana to the rice and mix it well. Eat that rice which helps to remove the toxins from your body and thereby diarrhea. Process has to be continued for better relief from the diarrhea.
Honey & Ginger Mixture for Diarrhea Treatment
Honey will helps to soothe the irritated part due to this diarrhea and ginger helps to cure gastro-intestinal problems at last leads to cure diarrhea.
You will need: 1 teaspoon of dry ginger powder, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
Take all the ingredients in equal quantities. Then mix it well to make a fine paste. Now take this thrice (three times) a day to get rid of the problem.
Yogurt to Stop Diarrhea
Yogurt contains probiotics (friendly or good bacteria) which helps to line your intestine to protect you from disease causing germs. Yogurt produce lactic acids in your intestine which helps to kill the bacteria and makes you feel better. Live-culture yogurt is the best way to treat the diarrhea which is caused by antibiotics. As these antibiotics will kill the beneficial bacteria in your intestines, but by eating live culture yogurt (kefir) will helps to replenish those bacteria. So, it’s better to eat yogurt and live-culture products daily to get rid of these problems.
Garlic Benefits for Diarrhea
Garlic helps to soothes, cleanses and also reduces the inflammation. It also helps for better digestion and makes you feel better while you’re facing the problems of diarrhea and constipation, etc. garlic contains rich in potassium which helps for proper contractions of muscles including intestines. By all these properties, garlic is an excellent medicine in curing the diarrhea and its symptoms. You can take this garlic either in raw, cooked, precooked forms by using this in soups, juice, milk, honey etc. you can also use garlic tablets (2-3) each of 2 grams once or twice a day for mild cases, 3 times a day for acute cases and 5 times a day for chronic cases.
Tips to Prevent Diarrhea Symptoms
- Drink water and other fluids like fresh fruit juices (other than apple and prune), sports drinks, herbal teas, soups and other over the counter electrolyte powder which helps to run the body without any problem and replaces what you’re losing. So, stay hydrated all the time to get proper resistance to fight against the infection causing gems, etc.
- Taking rest is the natural way to cure the problem, as it helps to boost up the immune system which helps to get rid of any problem.
- Frequent drinking or sipping of any broth (lukewarm but not hot) with little salt will also cures the diarrhea.
- Simply putting a heat pad on your belly will also helps to give relief from the abdominal cramps.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or consume a little quantity while you facing this problem. Also avoid smoking and chewing gums (sorbitol).
- After clearing up of the diarrhea symptoms, you can start drinking broth but make sure that the broth does not contain any fat or other substances. You can also try plain green tea, plain toasted food, etc to get rid of the diarrhea problem.
- Take only liquids for the first 12 hours of the problem to get solved. After 23 hours, take only BRAT diet (banana, rice, applesauce and toast) to get relief from the diarrhea problem. Eating green banana will helps to cure the diarrhea.
- Eat two bananas (ripped) every day until you got relief from the diarrhea.
- Drink plenty o water as diarrhea leads to dehydration of your body. So, drink water like coconut water, barley water, rice water etc. to get hydrate yourself and to prevent the diarrhea problem.
- Have fresh fruit juices especially pomegranate juice, mango, guava and avoid fruits which causes diarrhea like apple, prunes etc.
- Wash your hands frequently after completing your bowel movement and before going to take your meal to avoid the infections.
- Take the fresh food but not frozen, other food which was stored in few days.
- Keep the food free from bacteria, fungus, and virus as they cause you the problem of diarrhea.
- Even stress also plays a vital role in causing diarrhea. So, try to reduce your stress by doing yoga, meditations and other activities.
Diarrhea is an uncomfortable and unpleasant situation, where diarrhea and its symptoms usually last for a couple of days. But for sometimes, diarrhea lasts for a week or more and becomes chronic. Then immediately consult the doctor as it can leads to any serious problem.