Despite the fact that there are many ways to get rid of eczema naturally by preventing itching in the affected areas of the skin, reducing the activity of the inflammatory process, and other manifestations of the disease, or even completely stop it, we still strongly recommend first ask for professional help. Typically, treatment of eczema is observed by dermatologists and allergologist.
Eczema is known as atopic dermatitis. Eczema is an acute or chronic non-contagious inflammation of the skin, characterized by redness, itching, burning, scaling and blistering. It is often caused by the allergy of the skin.
There are natural remedies that can help to reduce symptoms of eczema.
Vitamin E protects the body from free radicals and other damaging by products of body metabolism. It helps in regulating vitamin A (fat soluble vitamin which helps for normal functioning of immune system).
Bring a vitamin E oil capsule or take vitamin E supplements, which contains natural D – alpha tocopherol with mixed natural tocopherals. Apply it directly on the affected area of eczema or you can take any supplement of vitamin E oil supplements. But make sure to avoid synthetic vitamin E or vitamin E acetate which increase the problem.
Chamomile has ant-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It helps to boost up the immune system which helps to kill the bacteria and cures from eczema.
Take a fresh dried chamomile herb. Steep it for 15 minutes in water. Apply it on the affected area of eczema with gauze. Leave it for 20 minutes. Continue the process to get better results.
Aloe vera is having a healing property for both inside and outside the body. It has the ability to give the bolstering effect to the immune system for healing process. It also reduces the inflammation, swelling and itching of the skin. Vitamin E is having antioxidant property by which both aloe vera and vitamin E will helps to cure the eczema.
Take a fresh aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil. Mix both the ingredients properly. Apply it on the affected area of eczema. Leave it for few minutes. Wash it off with normal water. Gel freshly taken from the aloe vera leaf will give better results.
Gentian tincture is having the property of eliminating the toxins and helps the digestive system to digest properly and completely. Otherwise, it may cause irritation to the skin and reduces the eczema.
Get gentian tincture. Take ten drops of it before going to take the each meal. Do it every day until the problem has solved or reduced.
Cucumber is rich in antioxidants. It helps in treating the eczema through detoxification of the skin and organs. It also contains anti-inflammatory property. It absorbs the nutrients from inside out and allows the vitamins and minerals to treat the eczema. It is also rich in vitamin A, which helps to improve the functioning of immune system to get rid of the problem.
Take one or two cucumbers. Cut it into thin slices. Let it to soak in water for 10 minutes, to absorb its property to heal the problem. Then filter the liquid from slices. Apply the liquid on the affected area of eczema with clean cloth or if needed use gauze.
It stimulates the production of new skin cells, as it is having high silica content which in further helps to reduce the eczema.
Take 50 mg of ground horsetail herb or plant. Mix it in 1 liter of water. Boil this paste for about 10 minutes. Allow it to cool for some time before applying it. Now filter the liquid into your bath water. Then take bath with that liquid for about 10 minutes.
Calendula helps in reducing the inflammation, eliminating the bacteria and helps the skin to get quick heal from the eczema. Lavender essential oil has anti septic, antibacterial, anti inflammatory properties and helps for immune booster, lavender essential oil is also used as a stress reliever.
Take the herbs of calendula and 5 drops of lavender essential oil. With the above ingredients, make a fine tea. Apply it on the eczema affected part of the skin. Twice a day repeat the process to get quick relaxation from the irritation and eczema. Or you can take either any one of the above mentioned ingredients or its supplements to get good results on eczema reduction.
It helps for soothing the itchy skin and reduces the eczema to spread all over the body.
Take 2-3 carrots and peel it off. Cut it into pieces. Boil these carrot pieces until they become soft. Now mash it to form a fine paste. Apply it on the eczema affected part of the skin. Leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with cool water.
Juniper berries acts as an antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, it helps to prevent the eczema. It also acts as a soothing property which helps to calm and repair the irritated skin. Sage will helps to soothe the irritated part. Thyme is an effective anti microbial which helps to reduce the proliferation of viruses during infections and reduces the eczema.
Take ground juniper berry, sage and thyme in equal quantity of 1 tbsp each. Mix it in a cup of boiling water. Cover this for 5-10 minutes. Now take this whole cup as a drink after completing your main meal.
Oatmeal helps to soothe the skin and eliminates itching to reduce eczema.
Use colloidal oatmeal by grinding rolled oats into a fine powder. Add few handful of colloidal oatmeal to running bath water. Dissolve completely in the water to have its appearances in milky white form. Get into that bath water carefully. Soak it for 15 minutes but you feel a little burning and irritation feel. Rinse it off with cool water once you come out of the bath tub. Pat it dry yourself and use a moisturizer on the affected part of the skin. Twice a day, repeat the process to get rid of itching and rashes caused by eczema.
It acts as anti-inflammatory and reduces the inflammation and itching associated with eczema.
Take 1 tsp of dried root of licorice. Add it to 8-12 ounces of water. Let it in simmer for about 15 minutes. Drink that liquid for 2 – 3 times a day. Or you can licorice extract in form of moisturizers to apply for the affected part of the skin.
Yogurt & Peas
Yogurt contains probiotic bacteria which directly influences the immune system by increasing the production of mucosa immune defender. Peas soothe the itchy and irritated skin, thus, reduce the eczema.
Take a cup of yogurt and handful of fresh peas. Make a creamy paste by adding the above ingredients with the help of the blender. Now apply this creamy paste on the eczema affected part of the skin. Wait for 10 minutes. By using cotton soaked in warm water, remove the creamy paste.
Tips to Reduce Eczema Symptoms
- Do regular exercises and include nutrition food in your diet.
- Avoid junk foods, sugar and artificial sweeteners, chemically sprayed vegetables and fruits without washing etc.
- Drinking plenty of water makes you hydrated and helps to maintain your body and mind healthy.
- Stress is a main cause for all problems, same for this also. So, minimize your stress levels by doing yoga, deep breathing techniques, meditation etc.
- Sweat acts as a main trigger for eczema. So, avoid sweat by taking proper shower whenever you get sweat or went out because dirt will cause again irritation.
- Change all the things like detergents, soaps, type of clothes etc. which irritates your skin and causes eczema to you.
- Avoid wearing the clothes like wool or synthetic fabrics (rough, tight, scratchy) which causes itchy and irritates the skin by rubbing on it. You have to wear cool, smooth textured cotton clothes to get relief from the scratching and eczema.
- Note all the activities (every day) which you have done on the particular day, which helps to know what causes you itchy and irritating your skin and finally leads to eczema. By doing like we can know the things and get start the self – diagnosis to solve the problem.
- Take natural supplements rather than artificial or chemical compounds while using it on your body, which reduces the acidity levels in your body & prevent or reduces the eczema.
- Include food that contains zinc, B complex, fish oils, grape juice, omega 3 fatty acids, tuna, avocados, eggs, organic raw nuts, fresh salmon or tuna from unpolluted water, organic hemp, chia, flax seeds needs to ground with a coffee grinder before consuming it.
- Try to maintain yourself hygienic like using creams that contains neem oil and aloe vera products.
- Take lukewarm bath everyday and pour a little amount of milk & almond oil in it while taking the bath.
- Allow your skin to dry after taking bath to avoid it not to spread to other parts of the body.
- Use lotions which soothe and moisturize your skin without clogging pores like coconut butter lotion, colloidal oatmeal lotion, calamine lotion (anti itching cream) or any other lotion on the affected area after taking the bath.
- Avoid scratching whenever possible as if you scratch the eczema bacteria will spread and the problem will be made more. You can avoid scratching by covering the itchy area, trimming your nails or get concentrated on other interested work.
- Use mild soaps and shampoos which do not contain dyes or alcohols will not aggravate your eczema.
- Apply vaseline on the affected areas by slightly rubbing on it after cleaning the affected area properly.
- Wash your hands for every hour if possible or whenever you want to eat something, after that you apply a light hand cream this is why because when you touch the eczema, bacteria gets inside and spreads so to get rid of that problem wash your hands but don’t use the alcohol based hand washes.
- Use a humidifier which adds moisture to the air inside your home and makes you feel comfortable. But make sure to keep your humidifier clean to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi, which raises the problem rather than to decrease it.
- Applying organic and virgin coconut oil will help you better than any other creams in curing and preventing eczema.
- Include vitamin A, D and E containing foods, zinc, B – complex in your diet to cure the eczema.
- Apply cold milk by using a cotton ball drenched in it on the affected part of the skin, as it reduces the itchy feel.