Natural chamomile tea toner for dry skin prepared in a right way can promote skin rejuvenation and whitening, reduce any inflammation, restores normal skin moisture. Chamomile can be used not only to treat colds and other diseases, but also the main ingredient in homemade cosmetics.
In this article I’m gonna talk about alcohol free chamomile toner that will be useful for any type of skin but preferably beneficial for dry skin. Personally, I apply it every day and feel happy about this: first, I save a lot of money as I don’t have to buy commercial skin care products. Second, I am sure my herbal toner won’t damage my skin as it doesn’t contain any chemicals – all is natural!
The plant’s healing properties come from its daisy like flowers which contain essential oils. It is easy to prepare lotions and toners out of dried chamomile flowers or to use chamomile tea bags.
Research has shown that chamomile can help reduce skin inflammation when applied to the skin, revealing a healthy and radiant complexion. Due to its calming effects, chamomile is an ideal ingredient when treating dry and sensitive skin, blemishes, scars, eczema, psoriasis, spider veins, age spots, and pigmentation. Beyond its anti-inflammatory properties, chamomile also offers anti-bacterial and antiseptic benefits. For more interesting information, you can read article: Chamomile Herbal Tea for Skin. Benefits & Uses
Chamomile Benefits for Skin
- Moisturize dry skin.
- Eliminates flaky skin.
- Soothes irritation and blemishes.
- Heals wounds and micro cracks on the face.
- Helps to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, suitable for aging skin treatment.
- Whitens the skin, reduces pigmentation and freckles.
- Removes puffiness and circles under the eyes.
- Improves oily skin complexion.
The chamomile plant and essential oil contains azulene, an ingredient known for its calming, anti-inflammatory, and refreshing benefits. This leaves skin looking soothed and toned.
Moreover, chamomile toner can be a perfect substitution for make up remove cosmetics – it will effectively wash off any trace of cosmetics on face and give the skin refreshing look.
Chamomile Treatment Advice: Before beginning any procedure, make sure you have no allergy to chamomile. Make a decoction, soak a cotton ball in it and attach it to the back of your wrist or elbow bend. One hour later, check the result: if there is no skin redness or irritation, then you can use chamomile toner without any worry.
Simple Facial Toner Recipe. Chamomile Skin Care
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of chamomile (or 2 bags)
- a cup of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of fresh green tea
- Place the herb material into a stainless steel or enamel saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to the boil, then turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for around 20 minutes. If you need a more concentrated chamomile decoction, then keep the water simmering on very low heat and allow it to reduce. It takes about 1 hour to reduce about 400mls of water. The less water remaining in the saucepan, the more concentrated the remaining liquid will be. When you see liquid acquire yellow hue – it is the right time to strain the mixture and pour into a small bottle which is convenient in use. Advice: you can use empty bottle of any commercial skin lotion or toner.
- Strain the liquid into a glass or ceramic container using a sieve or a cloth. Then add lemon juice and fresh green tea to the chamomile liquid. Mix the ingredients well.
- You can keep a homemade facial toner for about 2-3 days in the fridge. Keep in mind that your natural face product doesn’t contain any preservatives so its shelf life is quite short. After 3 days passed you should prepare a new chamomile toner portion.
You can use soothing chamomile tea as a tonic and wipe your face on a daily basis. For this preparation of chamomile decoction must be filtered and cooled down to room temperature. It is allowed to apply warm liquid as active substances and components will easily penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, saturate it with vitamins and gave skin a healthy glow.
If you are obsessed with herbal face wash and toners for dry skin, learn other interesting recipes in special article: Herbal Face Wash Recipe. Making Peace with Dry Skin
DIY Chamomile Toner Recipe for Daily Use
This infusion is applied to cleanse the skin in the evening, it is also can be used to prepare the ice cubes for refreshing and toning the face and neck in the morning.
Freshly cooked and cooled chamomile tea should be poured into special molds and place in the freezer. Then, take out the frozen ice cubes and use daily to wipe your face. This procedure enriches the dermis with all the nutrients present in the herbal composition. The most pleasant fact is that chamomile ice cubes are suitable for any skin type. The results is stunning! You can enjoy fresh and taut skin every day!
Cold chamomile tea can narrow enlarged pores on the face and help remove oily skin. Herbal tonic will boost the metabolic processes at the cellular level, relieve stress, fatigue and irritation. Regular using of chamomile product may also be included in the set of measures for the treatment of acne and pimples.
Use chamomile facial toner instead of washing, rubbing the skin morning and evening. This homemade toner is especially useful in summer as it effectively mattes the skin and refreshes it. Let it be a part in your beauty regime and you will notice pleasant changes in your skin complexion.