Cocoa hair mask is a very effective way to implement the dream of long and heavy hair. The systematic application of this unique product will give your curls strength and a wonderful luster.
Could you imagine that you can use cocoa powder for making “look-good-enough-to-eat” hair mask? As for me, it was a great surprise! And I didn’t expect that it can work wonderful on hair!
If you want to add much volume to your hair and make it shiny and smooth – this hair mask is exactly what you need!
Why Cocoa is so Beneficial?
- Cocoa powder contains very useful components like, amino acids, minerals, polysaccharides, antioxidants and vitamins.
- Cocoa also increase blood circulation, which will contribute to the growth of hairs. In response, the hair will become thick, with astonishing brilliance and stunning volume.
- Cocoa is a powerful antioxidant which nourishes, invigorates, replenishes and plumps hair. Cocoa powder adds a nice thick layer to hair without weighing it down.
- Cocoa hair masks are especially recommended for those who have damaged, dull hair. Cocoa powder strengthens the hair roots and gives the strands vitality due to the content of vitamins B1, B2 and PP.
NOTE: If you have white, silver or blonde hair you’d better avoid using the cocoa powder since it may temporarily stain your hair with chocolate accents.
Cocoa hair mask is recommended in the following cases:
- If you have irritated scalp, itching from dandruff: neurotransmitters contained in the composition of cocoa powder can soothe the skin, making the roots stronger and strand grow stronger and become more flexible.
- If you have damaged hair: antioxidants known for their regenerative properties can prevent the bundle of split ends, fragile strands.
- If you suffer from hair loss: the tannins contained in the cocoa powder can give strands a divine fragrance, actively strengthen the roots, stop hair loss and alopecia at any stage.
- If you want to make your hair darker: colorants of cocoa powder are able to do it, though, adding dairy products into a mask with cocoa, it is possible to smooth the effect – because of the coloring ability the hair mask with cocoa is recommended for brown-haired or brunette girls.
- If you have vitamin deficiency: minerals and vitamins in the cocoa powder can nourish the roots, scalp and hair with all the necessary, activate metabolic processes in cells.
- If you have dull and brittle strands: tonic properties of cocoa will provide hair with boost of energy.<
Homemade Hair Mask with Cocoa for Voluminous Hair
You will need: 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 egg yolk, one cup of sour cream.
This is the easiest way to add volume to your dull hair. Take the ingredients, put them in a small bowl and mix well. make sure the mixture is thick enough otherwise it will flow on your face. Apply the mask on your scalp and spread the remaining amount of mask on the whole length of your hair. Optionally you may wrap a hot towel over the top of the plastic shower cap to encourage mask to penetrate more deeply into the strands. Leave hair mask on strands for 30 minutes, or longer if desired. The wash off with shampoo. For better result you can apply this hair mask up to 3 times a week.
Revitalizing Hair Mask with Cocoa
You will need: 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 egg yolk, one cup of sour cream and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
This hair mask will help your hair stay shiny and healthy. First of all, mix the ingredients well until you get a thick paste. Apply the resulting mixture on scalp and spread it on hair. Place the shower cap on and leave the mask for an hour. Then wash off with shampoo.
Nourishing Hair Mask with Cocoa
You will need: 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 egg yolk, one cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of brandy (or cognac).
This mask is perfect for hair growth. You will notice your hair is soft, shiny, and out-of-this world with deep highlights!
Mix the ingredients well. Cover scalp and hair with this resulting mixture and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off with shampoo. After shampooing you don’t have to use any hair conditioner as the mask is a good substitution for it.
Homemade Mask with Cocoa for Hair Growth
You will need: 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
This hair mask is also a good solution for dry and damaged hair. Mix ingredients well. Apply the resulting mixture on scalp and hair and leave it for 1-2 hour. Wash your hair with shampoo.
Homemade Mask with Cocoa for Dry Hair
You will need: 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of honey, a cup of milk.
Mix ingredients well until you get a thick paste. Apply this mask on scalp and spread on the whole length of your hair. Place a shower cap on, wrap with warm towel and leave the mask for an hour or longer as you wish. Wash it off with shampoo.
NOTE: Bananas smooth dry, frizzled or damaged hair while adding volume and shine. They also strengthen strands while preventing split ends, rips and breakage.
Moisturizing Hair Mask with Cocoa
You will need: 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of honey, a cup of yogurt.
Mix the ingredients well. Apply the mask on your hair and leave it for 1 hour. Then wash off with shampoo.
NOTE: Yogurt and honey are both natural moisturizers. The antioxidant effects of honey will also help protect your hair from breakage and split ends.