Homemade lemon mask for hair prevents the hair damage and promotes their growth along with providing the required nourishment to the hair follicles. Wonderful benefits of lemon makes it a perfect treatment of hair loss.
Lemons can really do wonders for the health of your hair. This fruit is a rich source of vitamin B, C and phosphorus. It prevents the hair damage and promotes their growth along with providing the required nourishment to the hair follicles.
Vitamins and essential oils contained in the lemon, well nourish the hair and scalp, improves its structure and prevent hair loss, perfectly cope with such unpleasant and common problem like dandruff. In addition, lemon juice gives a dazzling shine to hair and perfectly lightens tresses. It is also widely used in treatment of oily hair due to the fact that it is able to dry out scalp quickly and remove excess sebum.
Lemon is used in the form of fresh juice or in the form of essential oil in the composition of the various masks, balms and hair rinses. Lemon is suitable for all hair types. Even a small amount of lemon juice and a few drops of lemon essential oil can do wonders with your hair.
Why Lemon is so Beneficial for Hair?
- Citric Acid – is a type of alpha hydroxy acid with numerous beauty benefits. It will strengthen hair follicles and the hair shaft.
- Vitamin C – is one strong antioxidant found in lemons. It will maintain the hair’s natural elasticity, preventing breakage and damage. Vitamin C will also ward off oxygen stealing free radicals.
- Lemon contains powerful antioxidants that will fight off free radicals that degenerate hair cells by stealing oxygen from them.
Tips to Use Lemon Mask on Hair:
- If you have dry hair, then add fatty components like sour cream, vegetable oil to mask with lemon juice because lemon juice tends to dry out hair.
- Make sure that lemon pulp does not remain in the curls. Never leave the lemon mask on your head for the whole night.
- Avoid the formation fatty layer on your hair or scalp while using lemon essential oil. So better once a week wash your hair with a special shampoo for deep cleansing of hair.
- Do not use the lemon essential oil of lemon in the composition of masks if you have allergy.
- If you want to save the current hair color then it is strongly recommended not to apply lemon juice on hair too often.
NOTE: Lemon juice can dry out your hair if you use it for too long or too frequently. So don’t overuse this hair mask with lemon.
Lemon Mask for Anti-Hair Loss
You will need: 1 lemon, apple cider vinegar.
Mix equal parts lemon and vinegar. Apply either mixture to the scalp for 10 minutes, then rinse. This will help to prevent hair loss.
NOTE: Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antifungal properties that will calm and heal an itchy, dry scalp. Moreover, it can can function as a hair conditioner.
Lemon Mask for Oily Hair
You will need: 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 egg yolk, 1 garlic clove.
Mix the ingredients well. Using fingertips gently rub the resulting mixture into your scalp. Leave this mask on for 40 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo.
NOTE: Garlic has been shown to stimulate hair growth. It is considered to be the best remedy for hair loss. Garlic extracts have antifungal properties, thus it can prevent dandruff.
Lemon Mask for Dry Hair
You will need: lemon juice, olive oil.
Carefully mix the ingredients. Evenly apply on the scalp and spread over the entire length of your hair. Put a shower cap on and wrap the head with a warm towel. After 20-30 minutes, rinse off with lukewarm water. Additionally, you can rinse hair mineral water for better results.
Strengthening Hair Mask with Lemon
You will need: lemon juice, 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of castor oil.
Mix the ingredients well. With massage movements apply this mask on the scalp and keep it for 40 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
NOTE: Due to the rejuvenating properties of castor oil, it can be used to help stimulate the growth of hair. This is accomplished through the increased circulation of the scalp, which improves the flow of nutrients to your hair.