Oatmeal face masks are great for all skin types. But oatmeal face masks are more beneficial for oily and skin prone to acne. Oatmeal is an inexpensive and natural ingredient for homemade face masks.
Anti-inflammatory properties of oatmeal make it the perfect component for homemade face mask and facial scrub formulas for sensitive and acne-prone skin. Oatmeal face mask is a great scrubber to remove dead skin.
Oatmeal – a natural source of beneficial vitamins and minerals. It contains magnesium, potassium, iron, fluorine, chromium, iodine, silicon, vitamin E, niacin, folate, beta-glucan, ventramid.
- Ventramid and beta-glucan – are substances which possess antioxidant properties. They are widely used in the cosmetics industry for the manufacture of a variety of anti-aging and antioxidant creams, masks, tonics and other skin care products.
- Vitamin E has the job of protecting the skin from UV rays, regulates its moisture, neutralizes damaging free radicals, suppresses inflammatory process of the skin.
- Vitamin B increased content of fatty acids and ceramides, which strengthen the skin’s protective barrier, preventing the appearance of age spots, help maintain normal skin’s natural moisture.
- The positive effect of silicon is the smoothing of wrinkles, healing of microcracks and elimination of inflammatory processes.
Oatmeal’s soothing and exfoliating properties remove the dead skin cells and soak up extra oil.
NOTE: Do not use any ingredients that you are allergic to. Test masks on the inner part of your elbow to make sure that the ingredients will not cause irritation or a reaction. If you have any severe skin problems, consult a dermatologist before trying any natural skin care recipes.
How to Apply Oatmeal Face Mask?
- A few minutes before applying the face should be pre-steamed.
- Not recommended to apply masks against acne if the skin has a festering rash, or cuts and scrapes.
- Apply the product with clean hands on clean skin with a soft sponge or brush.
- The skin around the lips and eyes is particularly sensitive, so these areas should be avoided.
Oatmeal & Honey Face Mask
You will need: 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, finely ground, 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey.
In a bowl mix oatmeal, vinegar and honey together. Apply the resulting mixture on the face and neck avoiding eye area. Leave this mask on face and neck for 20 to 30 minutes. When the time is up, rinse with lukewarm water. Use this mask once a week.
NOTE: Honey is a great humectant, to hydrate the skin and lock in moisture, and also has anti-bacterial properties.
Oatmeal & Carrot Face Mask
You will need: 3 tablespoons of oatmeal, finely ground, 1 tablespoon of carrot juice, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of honey.
In a bowl add oatmeal, honey, carrot juice and lemon juice. Mix all ingredients until you get a thick paste. Apply this mask on the face and neck avoiding eye area. Leave this mask on for 15 minutes. When the time is up, rinse with lukewarm water. Use this mask once a week.
Carrot Benefits for Skin:
- Provitamin A, which is so rich in carrots helps to improve the skin complexion, soften the skin, reduce inflammation and helps smooth out fine wrinkles.
- Vitamin PP contained in carrots tones the skin, improves skin color.
- Potassium controls the moisture level in the skin cells, thereby helping to prevent dryness of the skin.
- Vitamin C activates the collagen production in the cell, prevents skin inflammation, helps in healing of wounds.
- Vitamin K helps to get rid of skin pigmentation.
- In addition, carrots contain vitamin E, the B vitamins, as well as calcium, zinc, magnesium and the like, although there are found in carrots in smaller amounts. But with regular use of face masks from carrot they have a positive effect on the skin.
Oatmeal & Yogurt Face Mask
You will need: 3 tablespoons of oatmeal, finely ground, ½ teaspoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix them well until form a smooth past. Apply the resulting mask on the face and neck avoiding eye area. Leave this mask on face and neck for 15 minutes. When the time is up, rinse with cool water.
NOTE: Yogurt contains probiotic enzymes that help nourish the skin, fight acne and tighten the pores. It also includes nutrients that help forestall premature aging.
Oatmeal & Apple Face Mask
You will need: ½ cup of cooked oatmeal, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ½ mashed apple.
In a bowl add oatmeal, apple lemon juice and egg. Mix all the ingredients together until you get a thick paste. Apply to the face and neck avoiding eye area. Leave the mask on face and neck for 15 minutes. After all rinse your face with cool water. Use oatmeal face mask once a week.
NOTE: Apple helps remove dead skin cells ad controls oil while lemon helps with blemishes.
Apple has very rich natural composition, which makes it effective for the skin. Apple mask affects the processes occurring in the cells of the skin at the cellular level, improving the skin condition.
- Iron which is found in apples supplies the skin cells with oxygen, improves blood circulation and complexion.
- Potassium – a trace mineral that helps to moisturize the skin.
- Vitamin A is a natural antioxidant, has a calming and anti-inflammatory effect on the skin cells. Vitamin A reduces the production of excess fat.
- Vitamin K, which is found in apples helps in skin whitening, as well as fighting in the swelling of the skin.
- Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant, which gives the skin elasticity and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Vitamin B9, protects the cells of the skin from the negative effects of the environment on skin cells.
- Fruit acids contained in apples make the skin elastic, smooth fine wrinkles.
- Apple mask well clear pores on the face, lightens the skin and make the skin on the face of the elastic.
- Tannins help in the treatment of inflammatory processes of the skin.
- Apple has an antibacterial effect.
Learn more about apple face masks in a special article.