Homemade lip scrub other cosmetic procedures made at home can help achieve the desired softness and moisture of the skin and make lip skin smooth and seductive.
Everybody experiences dry lips at some point, but whether they’re caused by medications, dehydration, or weather, exfoliating your lips can help considerably.
Lips need regular care is not less than the face and tiny and gentle skin under the eyes. Fine and delicate, it is very sensitive to external factors, quickly loses moisture and dries. Lips don’t have oil glands, which means they need additional moisture from the outside. Also, like the rest of the skin on the body, the skin of the lips is updated regularly, so it collects the layer of dead cells that which must be removed regularly. And the best way to do it – to use a lip scrub with natural ingredients. It can help you not only to nourish the upper layer of the epidermis, but also improve the skin complexion, enhance blood circulation and the natural color of the lips, make them brighter.
Every girl wants her lips be always seductive and attractive. But who said that the lips don’t need special care?
You can find a variety of commercial lip scrubs at the drug store, including specialty products that can be hard on the budget. Make your own lip scrub for pennies with a few everyday ingredients from the kitchen.
Honey Lip Scrub Recipe
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon of olive oil
All ingredients should be mixed well until you get a thick paste. You can put the resulting mixture in a small container and store in the refrigerator for two weeks. Remember that homemade lip scrub doesn’t last as long since it lacks preservatives, so make small batches, and note smell and texture. Apply the blend once a week for seductive lips!
The ingredients are unique in this natural scrub! Brown sugar will help to remove dead skin cells, honey will soften the skin and make it smooth and gentle, and olive oil will deeply moisturize it.
Tangerine Lip Scrub
You will need:
- grated tangerine peel – 1 teaspoon
- blue clay – 1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon of almond oil
Take a fresh tangerine peel and grate it into very small flakes. Dilute blue clay with a bit of water and add almond oil and grated tangerine peel. Stir the ingredients well and apply mixture on dry lips with gentle massaging movements. Don’t press too hard or you may get scratches. Wash of with cool water and apply any lip balm you like to get smooth skin.
Natural Vanilla Lip Scrub
You will need:
- brown sugar – 1 tablespoon
- coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- vanilla essential oil – 2 drops
Combine ingredients together and mix well until you get a smooth paste. Just in the same way described before apply the blend on lips and gently massage for 1-2 minutes. Wash off with cool water and cover lips with your favorite balm.
How to Apply Organic Lip Scrub?
It is important to not only know how to make lip scrub at home, but also to do it in a right way. Perform this procedure once a week, if your skin is scaly and cracked. Or you can prefer to use lip exfoliator twice a week, if your skin is in good condition. Carry out the procedure in the following way:
- Prepare the skin. To do this, dip a cloth in hot water, wring it out well and apply to lips. Hold for 5 minutes and pat them dry with a cloth. The pre-heating procedure will enhance the effectiveness of lip scrub applied after preparation.
- Apply only on dry lips. Do this massage, capturing all of their area. Keep massaging for 2 minutes, but without pressing. For that purpose it is very convenient to use old tooth brush.
- Rinse with warm water, gently pat with the cloth. Rub the sponge is not necessary, since after the massage the skin is too sensitive to external factors and irritation may start.
- Apply a nourishing lip balm, moisturizing cream after the procedure. This is extremely important, despite the presence of moisturizing additives in homemade lip scrub. Do not use plain chapstick because it has no nutritional effects on the skin, but only covers it with a protective film preventing hydration.
It’s time to take care of gentle lip skin. Make them even more attractive and kissable using homemade lip scrub recipes!