There are various DIY organic masks to make your damaged hair healthy and strong without commercial products. Brittle, lifeless hair won’t make any girl attractive. Natural masks for damaged hair can bring back the shine, restore health and strength of your hair.
In order to take care of hair girls spend much money buying expensive shampoos, hair conditioners and balms. But there are natural ways to make your hair healthy and strong without commercial products. All you need is organic ingredients and patience!
Banana Mask For Dry & Damaged Hair
You will need: 1 ripe banana, 1 egg white, olive oil.
Take a banana and peel it. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and one egg white. Mix it well with the help of blender or mixture/grinder. Wait for 2-3 minutes. Apply it on your damp hair thoroughly. Leave it for 20 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo and dry naturally.
NOTE: Banana contains potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates and vitamins in high level, which helps to improve the hair to shine, softening the hair, preventing spilt ends, breakage and make them healthy.
Egg Yolk Mask for Dry Hair
You will need: 3 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 3 drops of vitamin E.
Take a bowl and add three egg yolks. Mix it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and three drops of vitamin E. Massage this paste on your scalp. Leave it for about 10 – 15 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo. Do it regularly for better results.
Egg & Lemon Hair Mask
You will need: 1 egg, 1 lemon, 1 cup of yogurt.
Beat the egg and squeeze the lemon in the yogurt. Mix it well to make a fine paste. Apply it on your scalp and hair. Leave it for about 45 minutes. Wash it off with shampoo. Repeat the process for once in two weeks for better results.
NOTE: Egg contains full of proteins which helps to treat the hair problems, make it smooth and healthy. Egg also contains vitamin A, D and E which will help to prevent hair loss and promotes growth in hair.
Mayonnaise & Avocado Hair Mask
You will need: 1 jar of mayonnaise, 1 avocado.
Take full jar of mayonnaise and a half of mashed avocado. Mix the ingredients well. Apply it on your hair evenly from top to bottom. Leave it for 20 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo and rinse them with cold water.
NOTE: Mayonnaise, when you apply it on your hair, you will get the benefits of L-cysteine – an amino acid and powerful antioxidant which was commonly found in the eggs that makes your hair shine, strong and structure.
Aloe Vera & Brandy Hair Mask
You will need: aloe vera gel, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of brandy (or cognac).
Take fresh aloe vera gel in a bowl. Mix it well with one egg and some brandy. Apply this liquid on your scalp. Leave it for 10 – 15 minutes. Wash your hair with shampoo. Repeat this process once in a week to get healthier hair.
NOTE: Aloe vera contains proteolitic enzyme eradicates the dead cells on the scalp and allows the nutrients to spread all over the hair for the growth. Aloe vera alkalizing property will bring the scalp and hairs pH to a desirable level which helps in the growth of hair healthier and stronger. Aloe vera is having antifungal property which helps to reduce & remove the dandruff problem.
Apple & Orange Hair Mask
You will need: orange juice, 1 apple.
Take orange juice and apple puree in equal quantity. Mix it well to make a fine paste. Apply it on your hair. Leave the mask on for about 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with warm water. Repeat this process once in a week to get thicker and longer hair.
NOTE: Orange contains Vitamin C & anti oxidants that increase the circulation to the scalp & helps the hair to grow strong. It also contains citric acid which helps in lowering break down fat & stops hair fall.
Curry Leaves & Coconut Oil Hair Mask
You will need: curry leaves, coconut oil.
Take fresh curry leaves and some coconut oil. Mix both the things. Boil it until it starts black residue forming. Apply this oil on your hair and massage it thoroughly. Leave it for about overnight or for some time depending on yourself. Wash your hair with shampoo. Repeat the process twice a week for healthier hair.
NOTE: Curry leaves are having antioxidants and amino acids. Amino acids prevent hair loss and strengthen your hair. Antioxidants moistures your scalp and removes all the impurities/dirt particles which are primary cause for dandruff.
Tips for Healthy & Strong Hair
- Take one table spoon of aloe vera juice early in the morning with empty stomach.
- Make a habit of taking goose berry fruit or its extract as a part of diet to get healthier hair.
- Take good diet which includes fresh vegetables, fruits and drink plenty of water which will help to make body & hair grow healthy. Good diet which should be in time will also helps for healthier hair.
- Take on table spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and mix it well. Drink this water once in a day will strengthen your hair.
- Trim your hair for every 6 – 8 weeks.
- Go for hot oil massage for at least once in two weeks.
- Drink sufficient water & eat healthy food which includes fresh fruits, vegetables etc.
- Everyday comb your hair gently.
- Don’t overdry your hair.
- Apply conditioners according to your hair type after taking shampoo.
- Make sure to stay away from silicon based home care products.
- Don’t apply conditioner heavy on your scalp.
- Try to avoid applying stylish products more on your hair.
- Never brush your hair when it is wet.
- Lose your hair while you’re sleeping.
- Try to avoid stress and control it by practicing yoga, meditation.
- Include biotin in your diet like nuts, brown rice and oats.
- Go for lemon or vinegar rinse for once in a month.
- Eat dark, leafy, green vegetables which are rich in vitamin A and C.
- Make sure to use less harmed products for your hair like shampoos, conditioners, oils you apply. Go for natural things if possible which helps the hair to grow stronger.
- Include nuts in your diet like walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts etc, which contains Zinc, this helps to prevent hair loss.
- Don’t sleep with wet or damp hair this will weaken the follicles and causes hair loss.
- Use fabric covered elastic clips or barrettes to prevent break age and tangles.
- Protect your hair when swimming.
- Always protect your hair from sun, wind and rains. Avoid using heat on your hair.
So, follow these remedies and tips to maintain your hair healthy.